The Gray Family (old blog)

I am re-doing our blog. Good things come to those who wait.... give me through the weekend..... and I will have a cute blog and I will catch you up on our family. I have a lot to share!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prattville, AL, United States

I am a Youth Ministers wife and I work full time as a Chiropractic Assistant. I sell PartyLite as a part time job. I love the product and I love sharing it with others! I am blessed to have the most wonderful husband in the world!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Damage.....Everywhere.


































As you look at these pictures all you see is damage....... but I always try to remember that we didnt have any fatalities in the city of Prattville. We should all thank God for that! Clean-up began on Monday and will continue for sometime. This city has pulled together to help each other and it has made a BIG difference. A city that can help each other will also help heal each other! Several of of Church families have been damaged in some way or another. Please pray for these families.
~Mike and Elizabeth Manley and Matthias suffered the greatest extent of damage, with their roof being completely torn off, the back wall blown out, and many of their belongings ruined in the wind and rain. They were at home when the storm hit but escaped injury.
~Martha Aubert also suffered disastrous damage to her home. Her roof was mostly blown away and her windows shattered. She has suffered a total loss. Thankfully, she was not home when the storm hit.
~Sammy and Beth Huggins suffered significant damage to their home.
~ Mike and Donna Strickland suffered significant damage to their home.
~Others of our congregation who also suffered damage to their homes and/or vehicles include:
*Allen and Lynne Griffies
*Tommy and Anita Deason
*Lamar and Roselyn Grissett
*James and Verna Grigsby
*Cecil and Annette West
*Pat and Wayne CobbRobert
*Laura Culp
* William and Jeannie Goodwin are away on a cruise, but suffered damage to their home. Their daughter and son-in-law, Ashley and Trace Watson live across the street from them and also suffered damage. They have had to be responsible for both homes and have two small children. They have been very appreciative of the help given to them during this time.
* Matt and Anna Lovell also suffered damage to their home in Highland Ridge.
The Hunter Hills congregation called the Churches of Christ Disaster Relief and they sent a truck load of food, water, cleaning supplies etc. They droped it off at the YMCA and it was up to us (Hunter Hills and Prattillve CoC) to distribute it on Tuesday. I was amazed at how many people from the two Churches were able to come. I would like to thank everyone for helping!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home